Sunday, March 13, 2011

Vegetarian Dumplings at Dong Bei

Vegetarian Dumplings at Dong Bei
Yuchengo St., Binondo

I had a sudden craving for vegetarian dumplings. I went at Dong Bei about a year ago with my  friends, but, with every step we took, my attention was more focused on my growling tummy than the way we were heading. So I looked up its address and off, I went! I figured, well, I got to a few places by myself. I’m sure Binondo won't be a problem! Sure enough, after several minutes of walking around, and 2 directions from friendly policemen, I found the place!

They didn’t have cooked vegetarian dumplings, so I bought frozen ones and cooked them at home. Well, they’re good! But I bet they’re better if I ate them at the resto itself.

I forgot about the binondo horses, though. I’m really, really afraid of horses. I had to cross the street whenever i see a horse on the side of the street where i was walking!! Yup, "courage is not the absence of fear, but the judgement that something else is more important than fear” --- like food, or the need to feel I’ll be okay…even if I’m alone…

Details:

Dong Bei
642 Yuchengco St., Manila
(Coming from Sta. Cruz Church, walk along Ongpin St. Turn right on Yuchengco St.)



No comments:

Post a Comment