Thursday, November 24, 2011

Solo Backpacking Trip: Bohol






There is freedom in traveling alone, without definite plans and with only locals and landscapes to guide you.


Onboard a Bus from Tagbilaran City to
Danao Adventure Park, Bohol

It's like you're flung into the unknown and had to find your way around.

The goal is never to get back where you started, but more of to discover; to grow as much as you can.

So minutes after my plane landed in Tagbilaran City, I found myself in Dao, where the Integrated Bus terminal is.



Dao Integrated Bus Terminal, Tagbilaran City, Bohol

I wanted to go to Danao Adventure Park, but was wondering if I could pass by the Chocolate Hills en route.

After a discussion with the locals, I heeded their advice, saved Chocolate Hills for another day and boarded the bus to Danao, Bohol (about 92KM from Tagbilaran City).


Stopping Over at Sagbayan, Bohol

Snacks: Dirty Ice Cream

Passing in between hills going to Danao, Bohol

Hills left and right! I love it!

What could have been a 2-hour ride became over 3-hour. But it was worth it.

As if that wasn't enough, I found myself riding a habal-habal (motorcycle) in search for a place to stay since I arrived at 5pm and the adventure park is already closed.



at Danao, Bohol 
 Only me, myself and I for now.

Let me not lose this opportunity. Let me learn what I have to learn.

Details:

  • Fares from Tagbilaran City to Danao, Bohol --- Php85

No comments:

Post a Comment