Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baguio Solo Trip - Mario's

Mario's @ Baguio City

After the 4-hour jeepney ride from Mt. Pulag jump-off to Baguio City, I decided to stay another night here, instead of boarding the bus again for another 5 hours back to Manila.

I bid my fellow mountain climbers goodbye, hopped in a cab, and searched for a small hotel to spend the night. And then I was off again, food tripping alone in Baguio.

My first stop: Mario's.


Chowder @ Mario's, Baguio City
I ordered some chowder. After a night of freezing cold up in Mt. Pulag, this was blessed, blessed hot soup!

Pasta Napolitana @ Mario's
I checked the menu again for any vegetarian meals and ordered Pasta Napolitana. Sundried tomato, a lot of basil and olive oil, this is probably the only thing I can eat here.

The pasta is just ok; nothing really special about it. After devouring the soup, I didn’t have much space for the pasta. I only ate about a quarter of it before I gave up and had it wrapped.

But I did have a space for dessert! So I settled the bill and made a beeline to Vizco's along Session Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment