Monday, January 17, 2011

Pear with Honeycaramel and cinnamon syrup


After watching One More Chance for the first time ever and crying over one particular scene (when Trisha breaks up in such a classy manner with Popoy), I felt the need to elevate my endorphine level back to exceedingly high; so off I went to our kitchen and rummaged through our cupboards and our ref to find any suitable ingredients to cook with.


Found some pears in the ref, some honey caramel syrup and thought of heating the pear in a pan. I added some cinnamon powder, a tinge of vanilla extract, a lot of black pepper, tasted it and cringed. It’s much too sweet! I would have wanted to add in some cider vinegar but i don’t have any; i used a cup of white wine instead and let it simmer for a while.


It still turned out to be sweeter than I would have preferred it, even if I ate it with wine, and it would have been better if I baked it instead of using the pan but again, being a perpetual pollyanna, not bad for a first try! ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment