Monday, July 11, 2011

Wall Climbing at Camp Sandugo


 
After our first attempt on outdoor rock climbing, we found ourselves slightly obsessed with climbing that we all decided to meet-up and try indoor wall climbing.  

Indoor Wall Climbing at Camp Sandugo, Market Market mall

The wall climbing facility at Camp Sandugo in Market Market mall is a lot better than the one at Centro Athletico in Quezon city, at least in my opinion. The walls here are a lot higher and not as crowded, especially on a saturday afternoon. Not to mention the area is well ventillated and we don't have to share the ground with the badminton players.




At 12-feet tall and about 6 levels, climbing these walls would be a great workout!


The downside is, since Camp Sandugo is in a mall, it is also much accessible to the younger crowd. And when I say 'younger,' I actually mean A LOT younger climbers.


Judging from the way these kids breeze through the level 3 wall, I could say they really frequent the area! It's just like climbing stairs for them! (much to our dismay!)


Since most of us newbies didn't want to climb while the 4-feet climbers were going up in a matter of seconds, we waited and waited and took some pictures before we even attempt to climb one.




Once the last of the wonder kids were chartered away, I put on my harness and shouted, "climbing!"



And yeah, I skipped 3 levels. I figured, I should try the level 4 wall while my arms are still good to go.




 
The walls at Camp Sandugo are also more challenging, I think. The level 4 wall is already inclined. There are some marks on the wall so you could pretty much follow a certain route, but these, too, could be challenging.



 
We got to talk to some of the advanced climbers and they said that, instead of rappelling down, they actually climbed down after reaching the top. It builds their stamina even more...so that's what I did!

Boy, oh boy!!! If I didn't burn 1000 calories on this wall alone, I don't know what will!



Sweaty and tired, but otherwise extremely happy to make it back on the ground!




After a few gulps of water, I dusted my hands with chalk and tried the other walls. Some also would climb sideways --- a way to practice for those who are more into boulder climbing.

Since the rainy season makes it impossible to go out for rock climbing, indoor wall climbing at Camp Sandugo is the next best thing. And at less than Php500 per visit, it's a real workout that would beat muscle memory!


Details:
Camp Sandugo
5th Level Market Market mall
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Metro Manila
Tel# 632-8560453
(open during mall hours)







5 comments:

  1. find this helpful. sana maka-try din ako nito. it's in my to-do list eh. :) will really try ds one. thanks gurl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad that you find this helpful! you can do it!! go!! go!! ^_^

      Delete
  2. thanks for posting, going to go and check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jut got back. I got near the top then looked down- feels very high. Got a sudden case of vertigo. Going to return next week and face my fears and get to the top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the spirit!! it's a different feeling to be on top, right? ^_^ i'm so happy for you! see you at the top! (",)

      Delete