Monday, July 11, 2011

Zorbing Away in Boracay


When my friends told me we're gonna try the Zorb, I didn't know what I was in for until we reached the place.

From the resort, we were driven around the island to Zorb Park in Yapak, which is on the way to the Bat Cave.

We saw this huge ramp --- I pretty much gathered a giant ball would be pushed down the hill.


There are two rides to choose from: one is the Harness ride, where riders are strapped inside and roll with the ball; the other is Hydro ride, where they add pails of water inside the ball. The latter is considered the kiddie option.

Proving we're no sissies, we chose the Harness ride.


We're strapped inside. The attendants quickly informed us of the dos and don'ts.


Here's my friend, Carlo, wondering what he got himself into. My other friend, Sean, opted not to ride with us. He decided to "grant us the favor of documenting our adventure on video.



And without prior warning, the attendant pushed the ball and we started to roll down the hill...



...much to my horror...

I wouldn't stop screaming!

The whole ride may have taken less than a minute (and as the video footage would prove, I was screaming the whole time), but it was worth it! 



It was exhilarating! When we reached the bottom of the hill, I was at the top!

This is something you should really try when you're in the area!


Details:
The Zorb Park
Brgy. Yapak, Boracay Island, Aklan
Tel# +63927-908-5191
Price range Php300-580/person
(Note: You can also check at the resort you're staying for the details. Most of them can arrange for you to be dropped off at the Zorb Park, free of charge.)






No comments:

Post a Comment