Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mt. Maculot Encore Climb



Barely 24 hours after landing in Manila from LA, I’m off to another adventure again! i’m climbing Mt. Maculot for the second time!

Mt. Maculot will remain to be one of the most memorable mountains for me. Aside from the fact that the spectacular view at the rockies is enough to make the climb worthwhile, it is, after all, the very first mountain I’ve ever climbed. I ripped my pants on my way up, rather embarrassing and unnerving, but nevertheless, less than a month later, I was climbing my second mountain to be summited. And I was hooked ever since!

During my first few climbs, when i was sweltering under the heat of the sun and hauling around a huge backpack, i used to ask, “why do i climb? why do i even bother to go out here when i could just spend a lazy day at home, couching and stuffing my face with whatever is currently available in the kitchen.” but then, I reach the summit and this view would take my breath away and it was clear: this is the reason. this is more than enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment